|Xu Xiyan in Our Glamorous Time|
Things seem to be getting even messier for Our Glamorous Time 你和我的倾城时光 as another actress Xu Xiyan speaks out about the show’s real life drama. There were complaints that the story focused too much on the characters Grace and Ning Weikai. Grace is not in the original books by Ding Mo.
After actress Cao Xiwen who plays Grace typed a long rebuttal to deny that she hogged the screen time for herself, another cast member took to weibo to contradict her.
|Cao Xiwen and Zhang Junning Our Glamorous Time Poster|
Xu Xiyan plays Zhu Hanjing, a minor character in the drama and a major book character. She claims that Cao Xiwen used her position as an investor to interfere with production and she has voice recordings to prove it.
In Xu Xiyan’s weibo post, she claims that Cao Xiwen:
– found a way to replace one person (implied to be Zhu Zixiao) a third into the drama. As a result, Zhao Liying had to redo many scenes that were already filmed before.
– instructed her own screenwriter to reduce Zhu Hanjing’s scenes and dissolve her cp, turning an important book character into a minor one.
– wanting to compare about everything when she is not even the leading lady.
– not showing up for her schedules and letting others cover for her.
– ‘teaching’ the director how film and ‘teaching’ the actors how to act.