(Warning: Spoilers from the novel.) Shortly after its premiere, Legend of Fuyao 扶摇 has been making strides in online ratings. Dramas have a tendency to deviate from the story, so it can be quite interesting to see what actually happened in the novel. With its popularity rising, why don’t we get to know the five people whose hearts were all captured by Fuyao (Yang Mi)?
1. Yan Jingchen 燕惊尘 (Huang YouMing): He is the childhood friend of Fuyao. Her first love. Sadly, he chose power and money over her. But what do they say? First love never dies. In this case, he found his love for Fuyao back but as he did, Fuyao had left him. In the end, because of love, he lost his life to the sea dragon in exchange for Fuyao’s.
2. Yan Jinghen 燕惊痕 (Leo Liang Yimu): The brother of our previous hot guy, but a total opposite. When he and FuYao started hanging out, he disliked her. As the time they spent together gets longer, he starts to get fond of Fuyao, falling for her as well. Yan Jinghen eventually became the king of Taiyuan but he never appointed his empress. He left the throne beside him empty, hoping that one day, Fuyao would eventually love him back.
3. Zong Yue 宗越 (Lion Lai Yi): Just like Jinghen, he too, waited for Fuyao and didn’t want to marry. However, the love between the two was one-sided. Zong Yue never had the courage to tell Fuyao that he loved her but he showed it instead as he put himself in harm’s way just to save her.
4. Zhan Beiye 战北野 (Vengo Gao): The guy who fell in love at first sight. Zhan Beiye was captivated with Fuyao’s beauty as soon as they met. However, his courting styles were quite different than those of the other guys. He persisted to gain her heart by trying to give her all the earthly things she can receive.
5. Zhangsun Wuji 长孙无极 (Ethan Juan): The winner of them all. In fairness, he was the most patient and romantic of the five. Wuji waited for 300 years, watering the lotus from where Fuyao was born with his own blood. He gave up everything, even his position in the heavens, just so he could be together with Fuyao.
Fuyao was lucky to have these men in her life, but she fell in love with the one and only Wuji. If I was her, I probably would have fallen in love with each and everyone of them. How about you?
Too bad the drama cut half of the love interest and change more than half of their stories… Not that I can blame them with the restrictions in China
so will we see the love story between Yan Jinghen and Fuyao? I kinda doubt it seeing how the story progress so far.. but I actually wanna see it.. haha
I am such a fan of this drama that I will go read the novels after the drama finishes. Thus I don’t mind the adaptation for the drama at all. As long as the drama keeps its quality and don’t majorly disappoint like Princess Agents (which I don’t think so…different companies in all…)
No their love story ended after 3 chapters in book 3. Whatever after was he can't let go… I believe it's similar in the drama too
Maybe with so many guys like this, they are trying too hard to convince us about FY and WJ love by pushing their scenes together for almost 10 episodes straight lately. Fill in with nothing besides FY getting in trouble and the only person saving her is…WJ. But sadly I still don't feel the love between them at all.
Fans will probably hate me but I find Zong Yue to be the most boring person who I blame for wasting so much time. Especially on all the flash backs. And the girl from his childhood, she looks pretty and I am glad YM is choosing such a natural looking girl. However the attitude she plays for is OMFG, a grown up lady crying and whining worse than a 3 year old!!! The girl who have a crush on Zhan Beiye already have pretty much the same attitude, and yet another one, very over killing.
1. They cut of half of these guys for Fuyao in the drama and it will be mostly just Wuji and Fuyao. You might not like them but many love them
2. The actress doesn't decide on how their character is
3. The girl has crush on ZBY has nothing to do with YM unless I misunderstand you…
I think that Leo Liang Zemu is the most handsome but his character is not as described
I'm happy that they cut all the love interests. I don't want to see every single male character loving Fuyao.
Strongly agree. It's so repetitive to see all men lining up, competing to sacrifice their lives for Fuyao towards the end of their lives.
It's not that Sun Li, Fan Bing Bing, Lin Xin Ru, Zhao Li Ying haven't done that in the past. The world will run out of men at this rate.
Whattt even the doctor? Wish he had a separate love line with someone else. He's my favorite character so far.
Glad she doesn't have a bunch of dudes fawning all over her
I'm addicted to the drama, can't wait to see what happens next between our OTP! They're adorable together. I started reading the English translation of the novel too, which is quite different, but excellent. Actually, I love seeing how these 5 very different men fall for Fuyao in their own way.
It's rather interesting to note that some dislike how multiple male characters fall in love with the female lead, yet are perfectly fine with multiple female characters falling in love with the male lead. Basically every idol drama out there contains a handsome, seemingly perfect male lead who makes every female fawn over him. Why can't it be the same for females then?
I love the drama so much! So glad that not every male in the series fall in love with her. That's would be horrible. But i like your explanation for Wuji. After finished the series last night, i'm gonna read the story too.
Hi i dont know if im late but i would like to read the novel in english, do you know where can i get it?